Hiring an SEO expert can be really confusing. For many business owners, it is overly technical, and most of the time, they just want to know if you can help them.
With so many SEO companies out there promising the elusive number one spot on Google, how do you know that the person you are hiring will actually have some successes in getting you there?
- Experience – It’s all too easy for somebody to label themselves as an SEO expert when really they’ve only been in the business for a few months. Make sure to check how long they’ve been doing SEO.
- Testimonials – This speaks for itself. If the person or agency you are hiring has glowing reviews, you can feel more confident in working with them. See how they respond to reviews too.
- Knowledge – A true SEO expert will have a much better grasp on what needs to be done to get you more traffic and will explain it to you in a jargon-free manner.
- Interest – An SEO expert will have the experience to approach the work as a multi-faceted goal. They will likely ask you many questions you might not have initially thought relevant. This is a good thing.
- Cheap rates – When it comes to SEO, you truly get what you pay for. Do not be tempted by rock bottom fees.
- Empty promises – If an SEO expert guarantees success in a very short amount of time, you should very carefully consider if you want to work with them. SEO takes time. Don’t be tempted by guaranteed rankings.
- Hiding their process – If they keep much of their process behind a curtain, only giving you the bare minimum, it’s unlikely they will give your project the care and time it deserves.
- Bad communication – Do you feel reassured when you talk to them, or are they expecting you to trust them with no proof? How do they respond to negative feedback, or pressing questions? If they’re never willing to give you a straight answer, or they disappear at crucial times, avoid!
Of course, there are many elements when it comes to SEO but the biggest feature you can do right now without any SEO experience is to blog. Why?
Well, Google ranks good quality content above anything else. If you write blogs on how to help and top tips, for example, these are searched for on Google daily. Yes, it takes time to get through the rankings, but when you do the content is there for years unlike some SEO techniques being used.