What is your online Marketing Strategy?
When polled, nearly 80% of SMEs and startups do NOT have an online marketing strategy. Some citing that they do not have time whilst for others it is the fear of doing something wrong and not fully understanding what needs to be done and when.
Like anything in life, if you do not have a plan then you will not have a clearly defined direction on how to get from A to B. As the old saying goes, you either Fail to Plan or Plan to Fail!
Of course, there is the other side where you have those that “think” they know online marketing as they “use Facebook”, but as I often say, I know how to use excel, that does not make me an accountant.With your online marketing strategy - are you failing to plan or plan to fail? Click To Tweet
The fact is doing something is better than nothing at any stage so it is best to get started NOW and NOT tomorrow as with most online marketing, anything you do will take at least 6 months before you start to see any kind of return for your hard efforts
Take the following as a good starting point for any business that is looking to gain brand recognition within the online digital world:
- Post at least once a day, every day. That means posting to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and so on.
- Do a blog post at least twice a week. The blogging experts do one every day, but doing two blogs a week will see a huge difference in your online traffic
- Podcast at least twice a month – if this is too much then do a podcast to go with each of your blog posts
- Comment NOT like of posts in LinkedIn and on Instagram
- Give advice – start a Facebook group to support and give advice. In short, become the goto person for your industry.
The key to success is not to give up! Around 80% of your online marketing will FAIL and that means you need to keep going, adapting and changing constantly in order to ensure that you get the right message across to the right audience.
Visibility increases your credibility, and that is why you need to have your marketing strategy in place. Keeping a calendar of what you will post and on what days is a huge help.
Any above all – ask! You be surprised at what you can learn about your business and what needs to be done simply by asking the right questions.